The Caritas Competence Center (KIJUK) in St. Isidor is a contact point for parents whose children show psychosocial problems or behavioral problems. It bundles various medical, therapeutic and educational services as well as other counseling and support services for the entire family at one location.
The range of services is available free of charge to children and adolescents from the city and province of Linz from birth until the age of 19, without the need for a medical referral. The interdisciplinary team decides which form of treatment is best suited to individual needs. The aim is always to strengthen and relieve the whole family and the social environment.
The following services are available:
- Medical assessment
- Clinical and health psychology
- Occupational therapy, speech therapy, animal-assisted therapy, etc.
- Social pedagogical and curative pedagogical offers to support the children and adolescents in their development
- Counseling and support for families and their social environment - e.g. in the case of challenges in upbringing, behavioral problems, stressful situations, conflicts, etc.
- Social counseling: counseling and assistance with various social, socio-legal and financial issues.
The center is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; please call for an appointment. Acute care in psychosocial emergencies cannot be provided, but crisis services such as those offered by pro mente are available.